Recent comments on posts in the blog:

Repository was moved to my git server when gitorious was shutdown. I haven't actively developed this for several years now. It looks like there is at least one additional fix out there.
Comment by ijc Sat 27 May 2017 22:31:51 BST

(I really need to figure out how to enable some sort of comment notification).

TTBOMK this is not packaged. After playing with this a bit more I came to the conclusion that grub on uboot ended up being a bit of a non-starter, partly due to the need to make the grub kernel relocatable at boot time but mainly because the appl ABI exported by u-boot isn't really usable as is (not actually nuchanging, discovery mechanism is too ad-hoc etc). In the end it didn't seem worth investing the amount of effort which would be required to make it work.

Comment by ijc Fri 06 Nov 2015 10:00:49 GMT

Hi,

is this packaged? I see grub-uboot in jessie/armhf, and lots of u-boot flavours, but I have no idea which one to use for my qemu image (based on Aurélien’s).

Comment by mirabilos Fri 29 May 2015 10:32:18 BST

I've upgraded my TS-219 from Wheezy to Jessie without efforts, it was a breeze.

I just realized qcontrol was also there and running, reporting temperature in daemon.log. It's magic.

Thanks a lot for making this work for all the rest of us!

Comment by zerodeux Thu 21 May 2015 20:01:49 BST
Oh, awesome, do let me know if/when you would like me to try it!
Comment by ijc Wed 21 Jan 2015 08:47:44 GMT
I have most of a grub-installer patch for that last bit, which I used for my most recent guest installation.
Comment by cjwatson Sun 18 Jan 2015 11:17:15 GMT
No sooner did I write this than Sebastien Delafond filed Debian Bug #753942 as an ITP of the s3curl utility!
Comment by ijc Sun 06 Jul 2014 16:12:10 BST

I'm afraid not, since I don't have one, but I'm more than happy to receive patches.

(aside: I really need to setup notifications for comments on this blog, sorry for the delay replying)

Comment by ijc Sun 06 Jul 2014 11:15:04 BST
hi! you have the opportunity to create a port for nas asus m25?
Comment by almirus Wed 23 Apr 2014 20:35:50 BST

... that it is possible to debug things using gdb via qemu. First add -s -S to the qemu-system-arm command line, where -s is short for -gdb tcp::1234 (i.e. start a remote gdb server on TCP port 1234) and -S means wait for gdb to connect before starting.

Then run arm-linux-gnueabihf-gdb grub-core/kernel.exec and run:

(gdb) target remote :1234
(gdb) b *0x68000000
(gdb) c

This will connect to qemu, set a break point at the grub entry point and then continue.

I've also found that you can build grub twice, once for x86 and once for arm-uboot and then use the x86 version of grub-mkimage to build an arm-boot image. Eventually once the ARM support hits the Debian archive I presume the installed version of grub-mkimage would be fine but in the meantime something like this seems to do the trick:

$ ( mkdir obj-arm && cd obj-arm && ./configure --host arm-linux-gnueabihf && make )
$ ( mkdir obj-x86 && cd obj-x86 && ./configure && make )
$ ./obj-x86/grub-mkimage -c load.cfg -O arm-uboot -o core.img -d obj-arm/grub-core \
    fat ext2 probe terminal scsi ls linux elf msdospart normal help echo

Lastly I've made some progress on getting grub-mkimage to relocate the arm-uboot flavour of grub at runtime instead of hardcoding a particular ram address. I don't know if it will be acceptable upstream but it works for me and I'll send it along once I've cleaned it up a bit.

Comment by ijc Fri 27 Dec 2013 19:45:01 GMT